SwiftU keyboard toolbar disappearing after present additional .sheet

I added a keyboard toolbar inside ZStack. And it works right after appears as expected

But after opening and closing another view over the .sheet modifier, The keyboard toolbar doesn't show anymore.

ZStack { . .. TextField() .toolbar { ToolbarItemGroup(placement: .keyboard) { .... } } } .sheet(isPresent: $binding) { Some other view }

Seems it happened after upgrading to iOS 16. Does anybody has the solution?

Thanks

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Drigin Down vote post of Drigin
2.5k views

Replies

Looks like an SwiftUI bug, I use "fullScreenCover" instead

I'm experiencing the same issue. Did you find a workaround, or file a bug report?

Filed FB12366071 regarding this

Same thing happens to me but with an alert view. once the alert view is dismissed the keyboard toolbar disappears

I have the same problem. Something between .sheet, .alert and keyboard toolbar doesn't work. What i mean is: when i start .sheet and use the .alert on this sheet the keyboard toolbar for Textfield on this sheet disappears. Have someone a solution for this?

• I'm using .fullScreenCover instead of .sheet. Has the SwiftUI bug been resolved now for .sheet?

Add a Comment

any update on this? isn't that problem similar to that you had problems with buttons and navigationLinks? Guys had so much time to implement SwiftUI, but as developer-user I still can't normally and stable hide keyboard by any technique they provide. tapping outside doesn't work for 'focused' when it is a list somewhy, the close button on the toolbar disappears when I return to screen. nice.

Running the app on iOS 17.2 fixed the problem for me

Experiencing the same issue on iOS 17.4.1 yet.